Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Strep.. IN JUNE!!


So I know everyone who is reading this post is thinking.. why is Andi the picture for my step in June post? Well here we go! About 2 weeks ago I started getting a headache and sore throat and I joked with my mom that I had Strep cause my throat was killing me. So the sweet mom she is called the Doctor and got me an appointment that morning. Well come to find out I did have strep and I haven't had it in... 10 years or more. Needless to say it sucks and its awful and if I never have it again it will be too soon! Well here comes the part about my little Andi. On Thursday me and Colby took a road trip to Flagstaff and Andi stayed home with Grandma and when we got home my mom said she just wanted to be held ALL day so I knew something was going on. Well from Friday to Monday she had an extremely high fever and would gulp really hard every time she tried to swallow. She wouldn't move and all she wanted to do was snuggle up in my "blankey"... (that she thinks is hers) :) and sleep. She was the sickest little dog. So from the lack of food and water she had no energy to even lift her head just open and close her eyes. Anyone who knows Andi knows she gets sick.. ALL the time. It's always because she eats human food or something other then her dog food and her little sensitive stomach just can't handle it. So Colby and I debated on taking her to the Doctor because if they told us she got into something one more time we would flip out! But deep down I knew she had a different sickness cause I've never seen her THIS sick before. So Colby took her to the Doctor while I was in St. George and the Doctor said she had a very high fever which is really scary for such little dogs and that I had given her my Strep throat. Although they don't call it Strep throat for dogs they just call it a bacterial infection. So she got some Amoxacillon (same thing my Doctor gave me for my strep throat) and she has had 3 doses of it so far and today she is a new little girl! She is up and walking around, wagging her little tail and chewing on her bone (which is what she is known for)! Thank goodness she is doing better! She had her parents, papa and grandma, great grandma Bulloch and Bubba, Danica and Harley SOOOO WORRIED! We are so grateful for Doctors and medicine that make Andi and I feel better and get over this awful sickness! Watch out Colb... I believe your next :) So to everyone who reads this... as crazy as it sounds you CAN get strep throat in June and to make things even more crazier... your little animals can get it too!

2 comments:

  1. Poor little Andi and Poor You!! That picture of her is so sad :( Strep throat is the worst!!! I am going to miss you guys so much, I'm gald you are blogging so I can see your fun adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little furry beast. I love that dog sooo much

    ReplyDelete